Foundations of Modern Cryptography
Oral (30 min) or written (90 min). Prerequisite for the admission to the examination is the successful participation in the exercises.
- Advanced computational number theory
- Public-key cryptosystems based on factoring and logarithms
- Cryptosystems based on NP-hard problems
- Digital signature schemes, DSS
- Elliptic curve cryptography
- N. Smart: Cryptography: An Introduction, 3rd edition, PDF
- D. Boneh & V. Shoup: A Graduate Course in Applied Cryptography, PDF
- A. McAndrew: Introduction to Cryptography With Open-Source Software, CRC Press, 2011.
- B. Esslinger: The CrypTool-Book: Learning and Experiencing Cryptography with CrypTool und SageMath, 2018, PDF
- Ch. F. Rocca Jr.: Cryptology Through History and Inquiry (Link)
- K.-D. Crisman: Number Theory: In Context and Interactive (Link)
More free textbooks can be found on FreeComputerBooks.com.